- Retention in care is necessary for optimal health outcomes for people living with HIV/AIDS. Retention specialists reach out to patients with missed clinic appointments to help them reengage in care.
Treatment adherence health coaching
- Health coaches are trained in treatment adherence counseling and are willing to share their personal experiences and knowledge to help others cope with their HIV diagnosis. Health coaches work closely with the medical team and case managers to help patients:
- Who are starting HIV medications or who have struggled with adherence
- Plan how to disclose their HIV status to partners and loved ones
- Lower their risk for other sexually transmitted infections
- Achieve goals to support healthy decision-making and improved quality of life
For more info about treatment adherence and health coaching services,